Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Talk about rapid advances

Isn't it amazing how, in just a couple of short months, our esteemed leader, Obamessiah himself, has gone from an inexperienced, unproven politician, to knowing how to run, GM, Chrysler, the big banks, and every other business or country losing money and having difficulties staying afloat in the financial crisis we are in.

What we really need is for him to take over the stock markets, get the Dow back up to 14,000, and have everyone smiling again. I know quite a few people who, were this to happen, and their retirement accounts becoming full again, would pull it out in cash, and sleep on it! Having a lumpy mattress under them would be so comforting/comfortable! And then we could buy cars, make mortgage payments, eat out, all the good things that seem to be put on hold at this point. The idea floating around of giving $1M to each of 40 million people, cheaper than bailing out one of the big mortgage banks, that would allow them to retire, buy a car, and a home, and leave 40 million job openings for the rest of the country, sounds like a great idea. And I promise to spend it very wisely, Mr President, if I may have mine in nice crisp $100 bills, please. ($20 bills would make such a messy pile.) And I would be willing to travel, speading my wealth around the country, and making everyone very happy. I PROMISE!!!!!!

Oh well, so much for dreaming. Never will I get to have a "Washington Job". Actually, having paid my taxes as they fell due, I guess I don't qualify for a cabinet position, or any such political plum. Besides, I probably would be inclined to tell the Obummer what I thought of his ideas, and lose the job anyhow. Such is life in the real world.

No comments: