Wednesday, February 4, 2009

If I was in trouble before,

I am in bigger trouble now, looking at the date of my last blog. It is surprising that my daughter has not taken me to task again. Not that nothing has been going on, but more like too much going on, or the chilly weather in south FL has gotten to me, or whatever.

I intended to get online last week, but got involved in a tiling job, here at the house, over several days, that made me want to just curl up and let the Tylenot try and do its job! I am not thrilled about doing tiling, and my knees and back were singing the chorus to that, loud and clear, after just a couple of hours on my knees on several afternoons. Even with my kneepads, I can hardly get up from the ground after kneeling for a hour or so. Must have something to do with my drivers license! (Like the DOB!) And I still have more to do. I can hardly wait. Just doing a tile border around two sides of our carport, to keep the chatahoochee from being damaged. The raw edge has been crumbling away, a little at a time, leaving part of the underlying slab exposed, so we had 8 inches of it removed, or as much of 8 inches as was still there, and I am placing an 8 inch tile along the edge. The tile is about the same thickness as the chatahoochee, so it is grouting in well.

Of course, 8 inch tile are mostly a thing of the past, so we had to purchase 16x16 tile, with a pattern looking like 4-8 inch tiles, and saw them into 8x16 sections to make it work. As I have a friend with a diamond-blade wet saw, which I can borrow, the cutting to fit is the easy part, partially because it is done standing up! I have about 1/2 of the length done, and the rest cut and dry fit, waiting for a nice day to work outside. With yesterdays cool front having come in, (48 to start the day today,) and a freeze warning for tomorrow, it may be a few days before it gets finished.

A funeral (memorial) service to attend tomorrow, and doctor appointments scattered thru the week, will get first priority over crawling around on mu knees.

Besides, the Super Bowl kept me busy Sunday. I think there was 8 hours of hype, on TV, before the kickoff ever happened, which I managed to avoid almost entirely, but when the game started, it was a real intense struggle. Probably the best game I have watched for a long time. Not a blowout, but a tough, back and forth struggle, right to the end. Two of the standouts, one on each team, are from Palm Beach county, from small towns out by Lake Okeechobee, which sort of added to the fun. Never made it to the South Florida Fair this year, however. For one thing, the weather got chilly and damp, not unusual for fair time, but we did got go at all. Maybe next year. (Assuming I survive without my fix of sausage sandwich, elephant ears, and blooming onions.) We don't ride the rides, but look around, people watch, and EAT!!! Oh yes, kettle corn and fudge make good fillins, as well. Got to quit writing, I am getting hungry.

No comments: