Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Good morning.

My first blog on a new site. Have had a blog for several years on another site, but got word that it will be closed, as of Oct. 31. Must be part of the cutbacks occurring in all parts of the country at this time. Sure would hate to be looking for a job at this time! Foreclosures are already scary, and going to get worse, I fear.
One of the things that really irritates me as part of this, is the obscene amounts of $$$ that some of the 'executives' of failed companys have been paid, and even worse is the 'golden parachute' settlements they get when they leave, after taking the company down the tubes. Just saw today, that several people leaving Lehman just days before filing for bankruptcy, got payments in the millions! Someone else is at fault for making the settlements, and others will be at fault if they do not go back after that money that they 'stole'. Certainly did not earn it.
I will have to get acquainted with this blogspot myself. My son uses it, however, and may have to walk me thru it as things go along. My old blog at journals.aol.com/lhmaker2/RogersRamblings/ will soon be gone! Boo Hoo! Guess I can still keep my closing---------Maybe-----------Not this time!!!

1 comment:

Nate said...

Nice new digs. Now you can start fixing things up, adding a blogroll and generally making it your own. Blogger will let you upload and store pictures if you want. And commenting is much easier!