Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My new B/F????????

My fanny pack/drugs/pump, that is. Like a large lump or growth to contend with. No, not a major problem, just that if not belted on, i.e., while sleeping, showering, etc, it requires the use of one of my two hands to carry it along. It does have enough tubing that I can place the pack in the bedside drawer at night, and just have to be a little careful about the tubing as I move around. Showering, the fanny pack gets belted around the shower rod, at one end of the curtain, and stays dry. A newspaper bag is just the right size to slide up over the PICC line and dressings on my arm, and some tape seals it so that I can shower. Had some blood drawn this morning when I went in to get a fresh bag of antibiotics loaded into my pack. Guess they want to check my progress.

I am now driving myself around. Went to the infusion center by myself yesterday and today, so Carol can set her own schedule without having to do chauffeur duties as well. I did go to bridge Friday evening, for my first outing. (But with the score I got, I might as well have stayed home.) And to church on Sunday, then got my drug supply, and had Sunday dinner out before retiring to the TV and NASCAR. Who knows, I might get to normal one of these times.

Getting more than a little tired of all of the political ads, lies, insinuations, etc! This presidential thing has gone on for WAY too long. They need to set new rules, and make it such that ANYONE who even mentions running, prior to Jan 1, is automatically out of the running! And even that seems a bit long. And pollsters should be banned to Siberia, Lower Slobovia, or some other undersirable location during the process! The continual, repeated, TV commercials are disgusting and repulsive, trying to cater to uninformed groups of voters, and the amounts of money being spent for air-time could better be spent for economic repair, feeding the homeless, fixing bad roads, paying school teachers-------pick your favorite! Millions of $$$$ spent to buy votes is lousy spending.

Of course, Florida is right in the midst of another scandal. Having bumped Mark Foley out just two years ago, now his replacement is in the middle of an election, a scandal, a divorce-----and some of the voters want to keep him, just to avoid the possibility of a Republican getting back in office. Mahoney's wife was at the press conference just a couple of days ago, when he admitted having an affair with a staff member, (which now turns out to be 'multiple' affairs,) but must have been on her way to her attorney's office when she left the press conference, as he was served with papers just about two days later, and she wants a bundle of $$$ in the process. How he can continue to run for office, and expect to win, is hard to believe, but then again, look at Marion Barry's record in DC. Who knows??? Anyhow glad it will be over in a couple of weeks, just holding my breath, afraid of where we will be if the wrong person wins.

No comments: