Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Still waiting

Here it is, Wednesday, and still no pump! Not sure how much difference it makes, I have gotten an IV at the doctors office each morning, while waiting for the pump (B/O) to arrive. The good feature of the pump is supposed to be a 24 hour, gradual injection of the antibiotics, but at the office, they act like they could care less about the difference of getting it all at once, under their care, or having the pump do it. In fact, this morning, my dosage was dripped in very quickly, much more so than the first two days. Hope it will work as well as a slow drip. I did not mind getting in and out so quickly, just that Carol assumed it would be longer, and went to do some other errands while I was in the chair, rather than set in the lobby, and I had to call her and let her know I was ready much sooner than expected.
Well. another debate tonight. Not that I expect any radical changes in people's attitudes or choices. Seems hard to believe people might still be making up their minds. Mine was made up a looooong time ago, and it doesn't include Obama! I see all of the info coming thru the news media, newspapers, the internet, and just can't see how the masses are following him so devoutly. No record, no experience, but lots of promises and big ideas. I hate the idea of a totally inexperienced person as commander-in-chief of our armed forces, as well. And the list of advisors I see is real scary, with former CEOs of Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac at the top of the list. I am afraid our country is in real deep do-do if he wins.
There have been upsets before, where the polls and pollsters were very wrong about the outcomes, (like when Truman beat Dewey, many years ago,) and we can certainly hope that happens again. Yes, I am old enough to remember that happening. With age comes----------wrinkles. And if not wisdom, at least hihd-sight!
I have been doing very little, which rather bugs me. Just trying to let the meds do their very best, and get rid of this episode of life.

No comments: